Truck Accident Attorneys
Nationwide Advocacy for Truck Accident Victims
An unexpected truck accident can derail your life. From expensive medical bills to lost wages, there can be a lot to worry about after sustaining a wrongful injury. If you were harmed by a negligent truck driver, our determined attorneys can fight to recover full damages on your behalf by holding all liable parties accountable.
With 25 years of experience and extensive knowledge of personal injury law, Matthews & Associates is committed to pursuing fair compensation for wrongfully injured clients across the country. Our national firm has a proven record of case results and unwavering commitment to every case we take on. Our truck accident lawyers can work tirelessly to maximize the value of your claim, allowing you to focus on your health and recovery.
We may file or settle a claim individually or as part of a group on a case-by-case basis.
Whether your claim is filed individually or as part of a group fighting the same defendant, our goal is always to provide each of our clients with individual attention.
Comprehensive Representation from a National Firm
Our attorneys are familiar with every aspect of the legal process, allowing us to guide your steps wisely throughout the proceedings. Our clients trust us to prioritize their unique needs by offering sound counsel, communicating effectively and honestly, and keeping them informed and up-to-date about the status of their claims.
Get national experience on your side by hiring Matthews & Associates.
We can help you maximize and recover damages by assisting with:
- Filing your claim: From filing the required paperwork to interviewing eyewitnesses, we can strengthen your claim with compelling evidence to maximize its value.
- Investigating your case: Our attorneys can thoroughly investigate the accident to determine all liable parties and pursue fair compensation.
- Gathering evidence: Sustaining an injury isn’t enough to recover damages after negligence. Our lawyers can fortify your case with relevant evidence and help you establish liability to seek maximum compensation.
- Representing your best interests: If needed, our determined advocates can aggressively protect your rights in court, providing experienced representation and negotiating effectively with involved parties to secure a favorable outcome.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, leading to various injuries. Sadly, many truck accidents result from negligence, causing preventable harm to drivers and passengers alike.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Blind spots: From eighteen-wheelers to semi-trailer trucks, truckers must exercise a high degree of skill to operate vehicles safely. Carelessness regarding blind spots and other safe practices can result in serious accidents.
- Fatigue: Truckers often work long hours, leading to drowsy driving that increases the chance of truck accidents.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving can result in severe injuries on the road. Operating large trucks is incredibly dangerous while dealing with distractions, such as eating, drinking, texting, or calling.
- Reckless driving: Speeding or driving recklessly can result in truck accidents, especially when truck drivers are in a hurry to arrive or feeling pressure from tight schedules.
- Vehicle failure: When trucking companies fail to perform regular maintenance or properly service their trucks, it increases the risk of truck accidents.
Recovering Damages After a Truck Accident
Securing experienced representation from a qualified lawyer is essential to maximize the compensation available to you after sustaining a wrongful injury. At Matthews & Associates, our seasoned lawyers have over 25 years of experience maximizing damages for our clients and restoring their financial security and peace of mind during their recovery period.
Various types of damages are recoverable in truck accident lawsuits, including:
- Economic damages: These damages compensate for financial losses (e.g., monetary amounts) resulting from the accident, such as lost earnings, hospital bills, medical treatment costs, and property damage.
- Non-economic damages: These damages compensate victims for non-financial losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and scarring and disfigurement.
- Punitive damages: Unlike the above damages, these damages are meant to punish the defendant rather than compensate the victim. Punitive damages are only awarded in cases involving extreme malice or negligence.
“Matthews and Associates are very informative. Kept me up to date on what was happening with my case.”- Ron S.
Matthews and Associates are very informative. Kept me up to date on what was happening with my case. They were always polite when they were talking to me. Very professional and polite.
“Very professional from the beginning”- Jeffrey E.
Very professional from the beginning. always answered questions and had amazing follow through on insuring data submitted was accurate
“They treat you with respect. They support you when needed.”- Sorangel T.
Matthews and Associates is one of a kind. They treat you with respect. They support you when needed. Plus they have locations in Texas and California with wonderful customer service. Billingual service always available.
“Very informative and professional.”- Lydia C.
Very informative and professional. Answer thoroughly all my questions and concerns.
“I am impressed that the Firm is always available and answers questions promptly”- Kweli Y.
I've been working with Matthews and Associates for 2 years. I am impressed that the Firm is always available and answers questions promptly. I am very satisfied with the services they provide and would recommend them.
“I Love these guys!!!! They are SO Helpful, Kind, Knowledgeable,”I Love these guys!!!! They are SO Helpful, Kind, Knowledgeable, Smart, good with people, answer ALL ur questions, if they don't know the answer, it sure doesn't take them long to get you the answer!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't want anyone else to handle my suit. They are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!- Genie S.
Determining Fault in Trucking Accidents
The mere existence of an injury isn’t enough to recover damages in a truck accident lawsuit. It’s crucial to consult with an experienced attorney who can fortify your claim with relevant evidence and present a compelling argument on your behalf.
Establishing liability is paramount to receiving compensation in a truck accident case. The victim (plaintiff) bears the burden of proof in showing that the offending party (defendant) acted negligently, making it all the more critical to secure experienced representation.
To establish causation in your case, the following elements must be established:
- Duty of Care: Plaintiffs must show that the negligent party owed them a duty of care. For example, eighteen-wheeler operators have a duty to fellow drivers to obey the rules of the road and practice safe driving.
- Breach of Duty: Next, the victim must prove the defendant breached their duty by acting negligently, such as disobeying traffic laws or failing to exercise reasonable caution on icy roads.
- Damages: Then, the plaintiff must show they suffered compensatory damages due to the defendant's negligence.
- Causation: Finally, the victim must demonstrate “proximate cause.” In other words, you must prove that the defendant’s negligence is directly responsible for your injuries.
Protecting the Wrongfully Injured Since 2006
Our seasoned attorneys fight for justice on behalf of wronged parties in California, Texas, New York, and throughout the country. Get national experience on your side by partnering with Matthews & Associates. With over $10 million recovered for our clients, we can deliver the comprehensive representation you need to take back your life and pursue justice. While our proven track record of results speaks for itself, our firm also demonstrates an unwavering commitment to each and every client we serve, ensuring your rights are protected from start to finish.
Matthews & Associates has over 25 years of nationwide experience seeking compensation for the wrongfully injured. Contact us online to discuss your case.