Child Sex Abuse Lawsuit | Survivor’s Attorney
Matthews & Associates represents survivors of child sex abuse. These cases can involve a wide range of organizations that share responsibility for failing to protect children. We are handling cases for people who experienced sexual abuse that involved unwanted physical touching. The cases we are investigating may involve an employee, agent, religious order member, priest, teacher, doctor, nurse, or an employee of the following religious organizations, entities, or institutions:
- The Roman Catholic Church
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (The Mormon Church)
- The Jehovah Witnesses
- Baptist Church
- Public or Private School
- Public or Private Hospital
- Group Home Institution
The problem of child sex abuse is much more far reaching than most decent people would care to admit. It is too terrible for most of us to even consider that it is happening, but the actual numbers, coming from multiple researchers, even in mainstream news, are impossible to dismiss:
- The head of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, John Ryan, was quoted in TIME magazine: “Children are being targeted and sold for sex in America every day.”
- California has a huge child sex trafficking problem.
- The Mercury News has noted that hundreds of young girls and boys as young as nine are being bought and sold for sex as many as 20 times per day.
- USA Today has reported: Adults purchase children for sex at least 2.5 million times a yearin the United States alone.
- Just in the single state of Georgia, the Schapiro Group estimates that 7,200 men (half in their 30s) try to purchase sex with adolescent girls each month, averaging roughly 300 a day.
- The Sun-Sentinel has revealed that at least 100,000 to 500,000 children – girls and boys – are bought and sold for sex in the U.S. every year.
- As many as 300,000 children are in danger of being trafficked each year. Some of are forcefully abducted, some are runaways, some are sold into the system by relatives and acquaintances.
- The FBI rescued 168 children being trafficked for sex in 2014, 21 child sex traffickers were arrested in Phoenix in late 2021, and hundreds of other sex trafficking criminals have also recently been apprehended.
Child sex abuse is at epidemic levels in America. The problem is massive and growing, and our lawyers hope to help tackle it by representing child sex abuse survivors.